- Local Time 20:05
- Current Weather
- CurrencySeychellois Rupee
Experience another world while on holiday in the stunning Seychelles Archipelago, a collection of startlingly gorgeous granite and coral islands comprising of endless ivory white beaches and aquamarine ocean waters that seem to defy the laws of beauty. The Seychelles islands are home to many of the world's most divine beaches where guests get caught up in the wonders of the unmistakable natural beauty that forms true tropical island paradise escapes. Rare and attractive sea life, lush and fragrant forests and Cerulean seas provide a truly unforgettable and sensational setting for any vacation.
- The Republic of Seychelles is an archipelago consisting of 115 separate islands, of which most are uninhabited
- The Seychelles Flag consists of five oblique colours that symbolize a dynamic country, with blue on top representing the sky, yellow the sun, red the people's determination, white social justice and lastly green representing the land.
- The capital of the Seychelles is Victoria, the smallest capital in the world which can easily be explored on foot in less than a day
- Seychelles was the land of pirates, particularly Anse Forbans (Pirate's Cove) on Mahè Island and Cote d'Or on Praslin where to this day it is believed to conceal an undiscovered hidden treasure worth more than $160,000
- Bird Island is home to a unique tortoise named Esmeralda, this tortoise weighs 670 pounds and is the heaviest land tortoise in the world
- The people of the Seychelles are called Seychellois
- The Black Parrot (which is actually brown) can only be found in the Seychelles, on the island of Praslin
Average Monthly Temperature